Sprite To Life!
A downloadable utility for Windows
Sprite To Life! is a tool that allows artists to quickly create pseudo-3D sprites from 2D images, or test out sprites created for "sprite-stacking". This is a method used in various successful indie games to create a cute 3D style without requiring the experience and tools to create a fully 3D game.
- Load in a 2D sprite in profile and extrude it into fake 3D
- Save this new fake 3D sprite as a pre-rendered "3D" sprite in multiple directions
- Save this new fake 3D sprite as a series of layers for "sprite-stacking"
- Load in a 2D sprite strip to test how it looks when stacked
- Save this stacked image as a pre-rendered "3D" sprite in multiple directions
This is currently a WIP and very basic. Looking forward to building on it and improving it though with help and advice from the community.
Click download now to get access to the following files: